Financial / Operations Controller
Role Title: Quality Assurance Officer/Manager
Vacancy Owner/Will report to: Director Operations
Full-time/part-time: 60% – 100%
Desired Starting: Date 2021 Sep 1
At Sirius we improve care for cancer patients through our effective, affordable localization system, enabling the precise and efficient surgical removal of tumors. Our ambition is to offer a solution that provides value across the patient-care pathway. Our aim is that our system becomes accessible to every breast cancer center looking for a better alternative.
Our Sirius Pintuition system has CE mark since 2020 and US FDA-510(k) clearance since early 2021. We are running initial commercial business in EU and are preparing US sales. In parallel, we develop new innovative features for our products.
To support the growth of our activities, we seek support from an experienced financial / operations controller. You will join a small multi-disciplinary team of medical device experts (technology, clinical, quality, business, operational) in which you quickly become the go-to person for financial affairs.
Our financial and operational administration is largely outsourced to an external accountancy partner while a number of tasks are done in-house. To improve on effectivity and efficiency we want to transfer the financial work to in-house to facilitate and expedite reporting and to gain better control of our supply chain and cash flows (forecast) when we grow.
You will support the insourcing of the financial tasks in cooperation with our external accountant.
You will take ownership for our financial processes from administration of records to analysis, reporting, and forecasting:
- Processing (mostly automated) of purchase and sales orders and invoices
- Recording of product transactions (serial number/batch number) in case of sale, rental, or loan
- Compile balance and Profit & Loss accounts
- Forecasting (cash flow), including sales prognoses and revenue modelling, working capital management
- Supply chain management and supply chain finance
- Cost price / transfer price calculations
- Financial reporting enabling management to report to supervisory board and investors
- Support budgeting processes and tracking of expenditures vs budgets
- You have higher professional education level in finance and/or economics
- You are familiar with Exact Online (including Trade module)
- You are highly comfortable in working with Microsoft Excel
- You are accurate and don’t like open ends; you’re a finisher
- You have strong communicative skills
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team within a dynamic startup company
- You like to have ownership and take responsibility
Company and environment
Sirius Medical is a start-up, founded as a spin-out from the Netherlands Cancer Institute and Twente University in 2017. The company has been highly successful by developing and launching innovative medical technology that help surgeons across the globe in a very short period of time.
Sirius is funded by external capital and has a team of highly dedicated people with entrepreneurial mindset working on its products.
We offer a great team to work with, and on the High Tech Campus we enjoy an environment that enable us creating products that matter in the lives of people. You will have the freedom to steer your own work and the responsibility to make it happen.
We will pay a competitive salary.
With its roots in the Netherlands Cancer Institute, Sirius Medical was born to make things better. The Sirius Pintuition system was developed by and for surgeons addressing a clear clinical need with a solution that simply makes sense. The Sirius Pintuition system is CE marked and received FDA clearance and is currently commercially available in Western Europe. Our mission is to improve care for cancer patients by delivering unsurpassed, yet affordable solutions that enable precise and efficient surgical removal of tumors.