Back Office Assistant
Vacancy Owner/Will report to:
Desired Starting Date:
Back Office Assistant
Chief Operating Officer
40% – 80%
At Sirius we improve care for cancer patients through our effective, affordable localization system, enabling the precise and efficient surgical removal of tumors. We offer a solution that provides value across the patient-care pathway. Our aim is that our system becomes accessible to every breast cancer center looking for a better alternative.
Our Sirius Pintuition system has CE mark since 2020 and US FDA-510(k) clearance since early 2021. We are running initial commercial business in EU and are preparing US sales. In parallel, we develop new innovative features for our products.
To support the growth of our activities, we seek support for our back-office. You will join a small multi-disciplinary team of experts (marketing & sales, research & development, quality, business, operations) in which you quickly become the go-to person for both the organization of marketing events and for the daily back-office work.
Sirius Medical is promoting Sirius Pintuition on marketing events that are organized in several countries in Europe. These events range from a small workshop at a local commercial partner to large conferences or trade shows with 800+ attendees. To improve on effectivity and efficiency we want you to take care of organizing these events (stand booking, arrange shipping of equipment, etc.).
Back Office Support
Your second priority will be in supporting the daily office work (e.g. administrative, logistics, purchasing, sales, order handling, and/or shipment of products). In this role, you will be the back-up for the office manager.
You will support the marketing team with event related activities including:
- Planning and coordination of events from initial enquiries to actual delivery of the event
- Communicate event specifications with the event organizer as appropriate (i.e., catering, security, hotel, shipping, and maintenance staff)
- Planning and executing events within time, quality, and budget requirements
- Take overall responsibility for arranging the booth and other rooms
- If necessary, attend large events to oversee them and ensure they run as planned and manage any issues or changes as they arise
- Elevate problems to management or client during the event if needed
- Assist in other marketing related areas as required
You will support the back-office team in operational activities
- Preparation of marketing materials
- Back-up office management activities:
- Maintaining quality files
- Administrative support
- Order handling
- Shipment of products to customers
- You are fluent in English and preferably Dutch. Mastering of other languages is appreciated
- You are not shy to pick up the phone and contact organizations
- You are accurate and don’t like open ends; you’re a finisher
- You have strong communicative skills
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team within a dynamic startup company
- You like to have ownership and take responsibility
Company and environment
Sirius Medical is a start-up, founded as a spin-out from the Netherlands Cancer Institute and Twente University in 2017. The company has been highly successful by developing and launching innovative medical technology that help surgeons across the globe in a very short period of time.
Sirius is funded by external capital and has a team of highly dedicated people with entrepreneurial mindset working on its products in an open atmosphere.
We offer a great team to work with, and on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven we enjoy an environment that enables us creating products that matter in the lives of people. You will have the freedom to steer your own work and the responsibility to make it happen.
We will pay a competitive salary.
With its roots in the Netherlands Cancer Institute, Sirius Medical was born to make things better. The Sirius Pintuition system was developed by and for surgeons addressing a clear clinical need with a solution that simply makes sense. The Sirius Pintuition system is CE marked and received FDA clearance and is currently commercially available in Western Europe. Our mission is to improve care for cancer patients by delivering unsurpassed, yet affordable solutions that enable precise and efficient surgical removal of tumors.